Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome, Lent



Welcoming a Spirit-filled Lent

Inspired by Tiffany (again!) at familyatthefootofthecross.blogspot.com to change the wreath on the front door for Lent, I set out to make our liturgical wreath.

I love the purple fabric she draped on the cross but I don't have a cross I feel good about putting on the door to endure the elements. I could make one (maybe!) but I like that the wreath I do have is a grapevine one, it's a little wiry and it just reminds me of a crown of thorns whenever I look at it. It's fairly tattered to say the least.

Anyhow, I ended up just draping the fabric through the wreath as if the cross were there and when I was done I showed it to Anna.

Because I liked the cross so much with the fabric, when I was done I was having a hard time with my plain, tattered wreath.

I said, "I think it's missing something. It's not very pretty."

Anna replied, "It's not supposed to be pretty, it's LENT!"

3 comments:

  1. this is lovely! I think I'll be headed to Michael's tomorrow to pick up a grapevine wreath!! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gardenia, I'm really looking forward to sharing lent with you ~ gotta get that post up too!

      Delete
  2. Kara! Your wreath is beautiful and perfect! Call it even, my friend... You've just inspired ME:). Love it!!! Hey, you could make a little cross out of twigs and place it right in the middle:). Have a blessed Lenten Journey and thank you for all of your encouragement;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your note for us!