Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Plans for Lent 2012


imagesource turnbacktoGod.com
I am so thankful for wonderful Catholic women willing to share their plans. There are so many beautiful ideas. If I took on all my favorites, I'd need three Lenten seasons back to back to get it all in.

This year as I began thinking of our Lenten traditions, I felt I wanted to add a few new things. My littlest ones are getting a little more trustworthy independent and I feel like I could add a few new things without over-planning or neglecting anyone! I tend to over plan, get about half of it accomplished and then really, really feel bad about not finishing what I started.  Because I'm a check-box girl. I like check boxes. Check. Done. It makes me feel like I accomplished something!

Thank you so much to Gardenia at LovemyLittleFlower for sharing Shaking off the Bonds of Stuff. It's all written out. Every day. All of Lent! I love it! Lots of check boxes! I have only to read and act. (Except that it's secular so I have to add the religious activities but even the children can help me do that part! I can handle it!)

Last year I fell hard for the Jesus tree and by the time I was cutting out Day 20 I wasn't sure I'd ever cut felt again. But I finished it (on time!) and it's an awesome addition to our Lent. Especially if you follow Jessica at Shower of Roses corresponding readings and coloring pages. I was looking so forward to having the Jesus tree all ready this year and not have to cut anything out. And then I decided my brother and his family should have one. It was a lot less painful the second time around:-) Oh, I should also note that I purchased this at Leaflet Missal. After its purchase you're encouraged to share the template. It states in the directions they supplied enough felt to make one set but I was able to get two sets out of it and even some pieces for the Jesse tree out of it. A great deal!

Tiffany at familyatthefootofthecross has me looking forward to Amon's Adventure with the children, and this Consoling the Heart of Jesus a do-it yourself retreat she highly recommended last year.












Lena at joyfilledfamily set me on the path to my very first official total consecration. Except I haven't received the package in the mail yet from myconsecration.org :(

I am going to Adoration every Thursday. ALONE!

After hearing so much about veiling this year, I'm covering our holy pictures and statues. This will be a first for me and it will seem like an eternity.

And lastly, we're going gluten-free. But that's a post for another time.
Aren't these women awesome?

Thank you for sharing and allowing me to add them to our Lent!

2 comments:

  1. Kara, you've got some wonderful activities ((and reading)) planned. I too am reading Consoling the Heart of Jesus, a book I'm savoring page by page (recommended by Tiffany). And I consecrated to Jesus through Mary a year ago and you will find strength and joy in doing so. I, as well, am grateful to Lena for starting me on my consecration journey. I liked the little by little aspect of the Shaking Off the Bonds of Stuff too, and am hoping to be successful in that project. Oh and come check out my front door wreath tomorrow -- thanks to your inspiration ! :) I hope you have a blessed prayerful Lent. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I responded to your email this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your note for us!