Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Cake

Friends and family know my husband is cake decorator extraordinaire. Actually he's just a wonderful artist that can apply that God -given talent to a cake. Me--not so much. I can bake a cake but it ends there. So when his sister asked for a wedding cake I really wasn't surprised---except that he said "NO!"
That was surprising, but he didn't want to disappoint her. And I understood. But the bride--not so much. Anyhow, his NO became my project. Thankfully, she took the pressure off by asking for just a sweet little cake to cut, not to serve necessarily but to have for the sake of tradition.

One thing led to another...










I broke two sifters!






Four stacked tiers of lemon curd filled white wedding cake with hand painted chocolate shells.
And plenty of mistakes!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow, Kara! You did a fabulous job...I believe you have been underestimating yourself:) I'm sure your sister was thrilled, it's just beautiful. May her marriage be richly blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your note for us!