Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holy Week 2011, Holy Thursday

Today the children and I were busy getting things in order to celebrate Easter Sunday. With many thanks from Jessica, we've had a great lenten season. We wouldn't get a lot done without her, I've not a lick of talent! We've made many crafts, read many stories, colored lots of pages, and tonight we had a lenten dinner complete with dish names and bible quotes. She even had the cards posted and all I needed was my accomplice to print them for me:-) I placed the cards with the food on the table and we took turns reading the quotes. Daddy was able to add a lot being he biblical scholar he is....:-) Anyhow, our camera has been dropped one too many times but here's what we had....

Palm on the Road (hearts of plam).


Costly Oil (olive oil.)

Unleavened bread (flat bread).

Mount of Olives (olive medley).

Thirty pieces of silver (round cucumber slices).

The Cock Crows Twice (chicken marbella),
I thought this recipe was fitting because the chicken actually marinates twice!
Gethseemane Figs ( Newtons Fruit Thins).

Cloud of Heaven
(ideally whip cream, but we  used a white pasta dish this time).

Judas's Kiss
(Hershey's Kisses, green is great for Maundy Thrsday but I  used silver calling the silver pieces to mind).

Peter's Tears
(Altoids served from my little rooster pitcher.)
 It was a wonderful storty telling opportunity. Thanks for sharing. From dinner, we moved on to our birthday celebration, but I'll post that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your note for us!